Monday, August 11, 2008

From the Words of Suze Geos

Me and Kate (Tejas) celebrating our last night in Vancouver.


Vancouver, Day 1:
If I can describe this trip in one word it would have to be: frantic. Never in my life have I felt so panicked than the last 48 hours I've had. Being in a foreign country with no cell phone is scary enough, but when I called my hotel (The Ramada Inn) to confirm my reservation, I was told my name was not on the confirmation list. After some frantic calls on Vancouver airport's stylish pay phone, I figured out I had called the wrong Ramada Inn. Apparently there are two near the airport. The trip thus far hasn't been a cakewalk. I forgot my work's handbook so trying to get my work done is going to be a greater challenge than I had anticipated. Other various inconveniences have sprung up but I'm trying to keep optimistic so I don't take the 7:30 back to California. Four more days until Japan so updates are to come.

No comments: