Monday, September 8, 2008

"I'm an American!"

Britain:1, America:0



There's nothing better than proving you're a stereotype of America. I hate to pigeonhole people including myself but all stereotypes are based on some truth. So I'm three weeks in of this year in Japan and I finally went to some bars this weekend in Miyakonojo. The past two weekends were spent getting hammered in Kagoshima and Kokubu. My friend Halit came to visit for the weekend and he's from England. The majority of our conversations revolve around the differences between England and America. Halit's perception of a drunk American is that we're loud, obnoxious and a little frat-tastic. I was hoping not to fall into this category but by the end of a long night of matching the number of vodka tonics with my British friend, I was pretty wasted. I'm fuzzy on the details but at some point I was staggering around yelling, "I'm an American!" while waving my fists in the air. I'd just like to congratulate myself on officially proving to be a loud, obnoxious, frat-tastic, drunk American. Well done!

1 comment:

kt said...

hahaha
this is great!
how u been?